Staying put this March Break? Make the most of your staycation with these family-friendly ideas for every day of the week.
- Have a pyjama party: The kids may be full of beans by 7am, but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy a lazy morning. Stay in your cozy clothes a bit longer while you and your favourite little helpers whip up a super-fun breakfastcomplete with pancakes, fruit and a smiley face made out of bacon!
- Go on an adventure: It's just a fact – kids love trains! Right now, travelling on the GO is even easier and more affordable because kids 12 and under ride free on all GO Trains and Buses! Sit back, relax and spend some quality family time together as you head to your destination.
- Lounge by the pool: You don't need 30-degree weather to enjoy a day poolside – just head to your local community centre and get splashing!
- Have a bake-off: There's nothing little ones love more than feeling like a pro chef! From measuring and mixing to decorating your creations, there are lots of great ways to get your kids involved in the kitchen.
- Spring cleaning: Many hands make light work, and although cleaning may be the absolute last thing on your mind when we say "fun," we guarantee that with the right tunes and some Marie Kondo you'll be feeling zen in no time!
- Have a spa day: Turning your home into a makeshift spa s easy when you pull out the manicures and mud masks!
- Get creative: Have you been documenting your March Break adventures? Print out some pictures then head to a craft store to pick up some supplies and voila! You're set to scrapbook the day away.