Show all FAQs

Who are the three guys in the photo?

That's brothers Harold, Al and Sam Green building brick ovens circa 1944. Harold, our co-founder, learned the trade of bricklaying as a teenager. He began managing his father Lipa's company, Greenwin Construction, in the early 1950s when he helped pioneer the now-standard method of pre-fabricated house building. In Don Mills - for the first time ever - wall and window sections, floors, roof sections, wall trusses, and stairs were all manufactured at the plant and installed on-site.

During the same time period, other unprecedented techniques were being put to use at our Finch and Bathurst apartment site. Under Harold's leadership, the organization continued to explore, devise and enhance many innovations in construction techniques, ensuring the rapid rise of Greenwin to one of Canada's largest privately-owned real estate development/property management firms.

How do I apply for an apartment rental?

Give us a ring, send us an email or drop in to say hello! You can apply for an apartment in person or online by filling out our standard application form. Tip:  Please be sure to bring photo ID, proof of income and your first and last month's rent.

How long does the application process take?

We move quickly. The process generally takes between 24-48 hours.

Do I need to show ID when I apply for a rental apartment?

Yes. As part of the application process, we are obligated to ensure that a renter is who they say they are.

What is a guarantor?

A guarantor (usually a parent, guardian, family member or friend) is a leaseholder who does not occupy the unit. A guarantor agrees to take joint responsibility for paying the rent if the tenant(s) fails to do so. Guarantors are also required to pay for any damages done to the apartment (if the tenant(s) does not pay).

What does a guarantor need to do?

A guarantor goes through the same reference process as a renter and is also required to sign a guarantor agreement.

What is a lease agreement?

A lease agreement is a legal contract governed by the rules of the RTA that is signed by both the tenant(s) and the landlord. It outlines all the rules to which both parties must comply. Make sure you're familiar with yours!

When is my rent payment due?

All rents are due on the first (1st) day of each month.

How can I pay my rent?

Convenience is key! You can pay your rent a number of ways: online, money order, certified cheque, pre-authorized payment and debit/credit at select locations. Speak to your onsite staff for more details.

Is it true Greenwin renters can pay their rent online?

Yes! Greenwin has introduced myGreenwin, a Resident Portal that's exclusive to our renters.

No computer? No Problem! You've got options:

  • Preauthorized payments
  • Pay right at your bank
  • Phone banking
  • Post-dated cheques
  • Mail your rent cheque to our head office at 19 Lesmill Rd., Toronto, Ontario, M3B2T3

Why Digital?

myGreenwin gives you the power to do all of the following anytime anywhere:

  • Pay rent online or set up pre-authorized payments
  • Submit and track maintenance requests
  • Receive important notifications to your phone before you get home
  • Send messages directly to your building and head office representatives
  • Upload or purchase Renter's Insurance 

Got questions? Want to sign up? Please speak with your Building Representative or email myGreenwin@greenwin.ca.

What if I am late on my rent?

If rent is not paid on the first (1st) day of the month, we will send a rent notice to remind you that your rent payment is due. If payment is still not received within three (3) days, you will be served with a legal notice that may ensue eviction. Please note that we offer many convenient payment methods to assist you to pay your rent on time.

What if I want to end my lease early?

We understand that there are situations that require you to leave your unit early, however, you will be held responsible for the remainder of your term. Although we make every effort to try and re-rent your unit, you can also assign your tenancy to a suitable renter. You may also discuss further with your Property Manager. 

Does Greenwin conduct property inspections?

Yes, we conduct regular and thorough inspections of the building structures, roofs, HVAC systems, electrical and plumbing, fire and security systems, grounds, landscaping, parking, and more. Each rental property has a comprehensive preventative maintenance program in place. As well, our property managers and in-house engineers conduct monthly and annual assessments of each and every building.

Can I paint and hang things on my walls?

Your apartment is YOUR home, so feel free to bring out your creative side. Keep in mind, prior to your move-out, you will be required to bring the walls back to the original condition they were in when you moved in (including, but not limited to, changing paint, filling nail holes, etc.).

Who is responsible for repairs?

The landlord is responsible for maintaining the rental property. However, it is the tenant's responsibility to submit maintenance requests for suite repairs. If your building is one of the few that have myGreenwin, feel free to submit your maintenance requests online from the comfort of your own home! 

No FAQs found

Here to Help Since 1948

Still have questions? Let us know.