Greenwin has decades of experience of making change with the potential to be replicated in other communities. The aim of Greenwin Cares is to plant the seeds for lasting benefits by introducing innovative ideas that facilitate participation and inclusion.
- To understand and isolate problems of suburban development, socioeconomic deprivation and cultural dislocation.
- To open lines of communication in order to determine and address issues that will empower our residents and surrounding communities, resulting in increased resident satisfaction
How We Do It
Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED)
- Natural Surveillance: The placement of physical features and/or activities, and people that maximizes natural visibility or observation
- Natural Access Control: Deters access to a target and creates a perception of risk to the offender
- Territorial Reinforcement: Defines clear borders of controlled space from public to semi-private to private, so that users of an area develop a sense of proprietorship over it
- Maintenance: Allows for the continued use of a space for its intended purpose.
Crime Prevention Through Social Programming (CPTSP)
- We have implemented many programs and revitalization associations with the intention of giving residents, ranging from children to seniors, access to educational, mentoring and recreational programs in a safe environment - ultimately helping to break the cycle of crime.
Our Community Partners
- Toronto Police Services
- Ward 7 Councillor Giorgio Mammoliti
- Spider Jones
- The City of Toronto
- The Believe to Achieve Youth Outreach
- Department of Justice
- Trillium Foundation
- Mike Harris
- TDSB Trustee Stephnie Payne
- TD Bank
- Earth Day Canada
- Black Creek Conservation Project
- Citizen and Immigration Canada
- Literature for Life
- Human Resources and Social Development
- National Strategy on Community Safety & Crime
Ongoing Social Programs
- Fully operation Cineplex screening room (25 San Romanoway)
- TD Hoops for a brighter future (160/170/180/200 Chalkfarm Dr.)
- Jordan Manners Multi-Purpose Art Gallery (25 San Romanoway)
- Spider Jones Youth Empowerment Initiative (160/170/180/200 Chalkfarm Dr.)
- Playground Build with Home Depot (25 San Romanoway)
- Seniors' Shuttle Bus (14005 Sherbrooke)
The Harold Green Scholarship
The Harold Green Scholarship Program demonstrates Greenwin's commitment to strengthening our communities through lifelong learning. The program recognizes the achievements of the children of our employees and provides opportunities for them to achieve their dreams and career goals in whatever area they choose.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Spider's Web Youth Drop-In Centre
Greenwin's pilot youth empowerment project, with partners Doorsteps Neighbourhood Services, Literature for Life, Believe to Achieve Ogranization and The Oaks Revitalization Association, is fully up and running in the Black Creek Community (Jane/Finch/Chalkfarm/Falstaff).
The Centre operates year-round from 3:30PM to 7PM. Summer hours are from 9AM to 5PM with a drop-in component twice per week for community residents. The Centre has a 1500 sq.ft boxing/fitness gym with a community kitchen and a literacy room with 11 computers and a reading space.
The Corsage Project Scholarship
2014 marked the inaugural year of Greenwin's Annual Corsage Project Scholarship. The Corsage Project, working in partnership with the Children's Aid Foundation, is a non-profit program in Toronto dedicated to giving the authentic prom experience to young women and men who would not otherwise have the opportunity to celebrate with their peers due to the high cost of formal wear. Through its scholarship program, the Corsage Project also helps local high school graduates achieve their post-secondary goals.
SickKids' Heatwave & Icewave
Each summer and winter, Greenwin joins SickKids for the Heatwave/Icewave Bi-Annual Beach Volleyball Tournament. For the past 20 years SickKids has dedicated these events to sick children. We are so proud of our team, which through regular fundraising, continues to give a remarkable gift to our future generations.