To our valued residents and clients,
At Greenwin, we care deeply about our residents, communities and clients, and take the evolving COVID-19 situation very seriously. Right now, our priority is ensuring they have the information, resources and support they need to stay healthy and safe.
I wanted to provide you with some insight into Greenwin's response to the COVID-19 outbreak.
RAPID RESPONSE TEAM
As part of Greenwin's Pandemic Response Plan, we have created a Rapid Response Team to provide support, resources and action relating to all COVID-19 issues. This team consists of subject experts across the organization, allowing us to make agile, informed decisions for the health and safety of our residents and employees.
HEALTH & SAFETY MEASURES
- All employees and residents have been informed of preventative health measures recommended by the World Health Authority; a poster has been distributed to all buildings
- Greenwin employees are working from home wherever possible and practicing social distancing where not possible
- We have temporarily restricted access to head office
- Employees are provided the most up-to-date information as the situation evolves, along with weekly CEO check-ins
- All non-essential employee travel has been canceled since the inception of the pandemic
- Building amenity spaces have been closed to residents, with the exception of laundry facilities and essential common spaces
- All building management and leasing office have been closed to residents and the public, however, staff are still present, operating through phone and email
- All non-emergency maintenance requests have been put on hold for the time being; emergency maintenance will still be conducted, with proper safety measures in place
- Rigorous cleaning measures have been put in place at all buildings, including frequent cleaning of high traffic areas such as lobbies, elevators and laundry rooms with hospital-grade disinfection products
- Hand sanitizing stations have been put in place at building entrances and high-traffic areas
- All Greenwin employees and third-party contractors have been instructed to use proper personal protective equipment (PPE) when cleaning and performing essential maintenance
- We have open and ongoing correspondence with our residents through building notices, our myGreenwin online resident portal and a central COVID-19 email in order to provide information, support, and answers to their questions and concerns
- We have established a COVID-19 reporting and response protocol to ensure a rapid response in the event of a confirmed case in one of our buildings.
TO OUR RESIDENTS
Right now, our message to you is that Greenwin is still here. We are committed to working with you as much as possible during this difficult time, and to keeping our communities safe.
Overall, we are encouraged by the steps our government is taking to provide additional emergency benefits to those experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19. It's our hope, for the sake of our residents and for all Canadians, that these measures can be enacted quickly so assistance can be provided to those who need it most.
Please note that the Government of Canada website contains information on a number of emergency benefits coming into effect during this time. An overview of these resources can be found here: https://www.canada.ca/en/department-finance/economic-response-plan.html
We also encourage you to take advantage of community resources and investigate local rental relief programs. You can investigate these resources at www.211ontario.ca.
IMPACT ON BUSINESS
There is no denying that the repercussions of COVID-19 will impact businesses and industries to the extent of which we have never seen before.
As a third-party manager to many of our buildings, Greenwin recognizes our responsibility to guide our clients through this difficult time. From the onset of this outbreak, Greenwin has strived to be proactive and flexible with our response. With circumstances changing on a day-to-day basis, we are committed to closely monitoring the situation and putting protocols in place that align to the best practices recommended by world and Canadian health authorities.
We appreciate your understanding, support and patience as we navigate through this unprecedented event.
Kris Boyce, CEO