Summary:Â With your technical expertise, you will be responsible for retrofit and, capital improvement projects end to end. With your skills you will collaborate with the asset management and development management teams and coordinate with consultants and trades.
Your involvement is from the project conception stage to the commissioning and resolution of warranty issues.
What youâ€™ll get to do:
- Act as the Ownerâ€™s representative for capital project planning, development and implementation.
- Prepare five-year capital budgets for clients as directed.
- Review resources required and strategize the most effective means of implementing CAPEX projects.
- Implement capital expenditure projects for each property in the upcoming fiscal year in accordance with the approved capital plan and attend AGI hearings as required.
- Assist in emergencies at buildings, including fires, floods, loss of heating systems, or other failure of building equipment to return the building to a normal operational state as quickly as possible after the emergency.
- Regularly communicate with the Owner throughout the project, including meetings, correspondence, and monthly reports.
- Manage the procurement process for retaining Consultants and Contractors.
- Prepare approval briefs and produce memorandums for key development milestones and strategic decisions for the Owner.
- Coordinate with Consultants where required to define scopes of work, prepare bid packages and review the work to ensure it is completed in accordance with the Contract Documents.
- Locate and pre-qualify Contractors.
- Work with the Consulting team on obtaining permits and authorizations from the local utility companies and municipalities.
- Participate in bids and contract preparation, negotiate contracts and purchase orders.
- Recommend awarding contracts and develop and monitor schedules and project costs.
- Work with Consultants to monitor project costs, including change orders and scope adjustments.
- Coordinate with the Property Manager to minimize disruption and inconvenience to tenants.
- Obtain start-up documentation from Contractors before commencing the Work.
- Perform periodic field reviews to verify the extent and timeliness of the Work.
- Attend regular construction meetings.
- Review and approve progress invoices (from Consultants and Contractors) and liaise with the Accounts Payable team to ensure timely payment in accordance with the Construction Act.
- Obtain all project close-out documentation.
- Follow up on warrantable items, and conduct warranty inspections as required.
- Respond to questions from Property Managers and assist in trouble-shooting building-related problems following construction completion.
- Conduct training sessions for management and site staff where areas of the project managerâ€™s expertise correspond with the need for staff training.
- Assess building energy uses and sustainability initiatives.
- Review building systems (cladding, structural, etc.) in coordination with building energy uses.
Who you are:
- Completion of post-secondary degree or diploma â€“ Mechanical/Civil Engineering preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and Project Management tools.
- Proactive and focused, able to multi-task seamlessly from project to project.
- Great attention to detail, exceptional time management and organization skills.
- Effective and clear communicator at all levels.
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills.
Â Greenwin Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve and providing an accessible environment. Accommodation is available upon request by contacting email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.