Summary: The Manager, Residential Operations will be responsible for the professional management and administration of an assigned portfolio of properties.
What youâ€™ll get to do:
- Supervise, manage, provide leadership and support to staff in order to drive results and achieve top performance.
- Develop building management processes to meet client requirements.
- Perform regular inspections of common areas, building exteriors, and landscaping of assigned properties
- Communicate effectively with all residents and other external parties in a timely manner while ensuring that any areas of concern are addressed promptly and thoroughly.
- Ensure effective and sustainable maintenance and repairs as required
- Plan and manage replacement of major capital expense items such as HVAC system, roof systems and parking lot surfaces.
- Effectively ensure on-site work completion and approve invoices for all services required to maintain the properties.
- Ensure that properties' performance meets or exceeds set goal and meets the requirements for financial return on each property
- Participate in the timely preparation of reports, budgets and analyze operating variances as needed
- Institute collection procedures of late-paying tenant accounts
- Stay current with new technologies, systems and procedures related to property management and work required skills
- Create opportunities for cost-reductions through innovation and research.
- Build sustainable relationships with staff, clients, stakeholders, co-workers, and vendors
- Be an active participant to meetings and offer recommendations/ideas on projects and processes.
- Other duties as assigned
Who you are:
- Minimum five (5) years property management experience in residential high-end properties
- Graduate and/or certificate/degree in business administration, real estate finance, CPM, IHM or related field.
- Knowledge of applicable provincial and municipal legislation including the Residential Tenancies Act
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Office, and knowledge of Yardi Prior managerial experience required.
- Sound leadership, staff management, and teambuilding skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills as well as presentation skills.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, and stakeholders.
- Ability to follow through and complete overlapping projects.
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills.
- Valid driver's license required
Greenwin Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve and providing an accessible environment. Accommodation is available upon request by contacting email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.