Reporting to the SVP, Residential Operations, the Director, Procurement is responsible for leading the procurement operations for the company.Â This is a centralized senior position with companywide accountability, working in partnership with the senior team, all to support the company with effective procurement and supply chain practices. The incumbent will utilize expert knowledge and experience to procure goods and services that meet quality requirements and specifications at the company's most favourable price and terms, while simultaneously building and maintaining strategic relationships with key suppliers. Responsibilities include strategic forecasting, trend analysis, contract negotiation, implementation of procurement and practices and policies to ensure the most effective processes are in place to support operations.
The Director, Procurement will execute activities in accordance with the annual goals for the procurement function and assist all other functions in the organization in achieving their goals.
The Director, Procurement will be responsible for:
- Strategic Sourcing - strategically sourcing products/services to ensure value-based agreements with suppliers.
- Vendor Relationship Management â€“ the ability to identify and establish partnerships with potential and credible suppliers and create mutually beneficial relationships.
- Contract Management- the ability to create and manage contracts, manage and monitor supplier performance to contract terms and conditions, and reduce exposure to risk factors, all in collaboration with Operations and Department leads.
Strategic Procurement Planning & Policy Development:
The Director leads a procurement team while using facilitative leadership to help accomplish the key goals and objectives of Greenwin. This includes:
- Leads the development of policy, standards, and processes to improve the procurement processes to reduce operating expenses while optimizing workflow.
- Leads the utilization of procurement technology, ensuring an ongoing focus on business plans.
- Works directly with operations to ensure procurement activities are aligned with strategic direction and project priorities.
- Audits follow up on operational audits of portfolio departments/groups to ensure compliance and best procurement practices are maintained.
The Director is a representative for the company to external suppliers and stakeholders who coaches and provides strategic procurement advice to other groups and functions as required while facilitating the procurement processes at Greenwin.
The Directorâ€™s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Identify opportunities for company and asset portfolios expense reduction to meet established cost goals and budgets.
- Create, implement, and manage procurement standards and metrics to ensure a consistent approach for delivery on all procurement projects' RFP/RFQ/RFI activities.
- Evaluating overall operations of procurement functions and sponsoring enhancements.
- Collaborate with the senior leadership team on implementing strategic procurement practices to support their business goals and objectives.
- Review major contracts for company-procured goods, services and equipment while monitoring contract and agreement expiration. Create contract templates for the Company and building related services. Report on internal visibility of contracts.
- Be responsible for the development, review, and certification of all backup procurement procedures and plans.
- Establish short- and long-range procurement goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures in conjunction with the Senior Leadership Team.
- As a leader, hold others accountable for operating in a manner consistent with Greenwinâ€™s culture.
- Develop, execute, and achieve the Procurement plan and performance goals aligned with Greenwinâ€™s overall long-term strategy.
- Act as Procurement Lead in selecting vendors, contractors, and suppliers for the Properties.Â Working in conjunction with the Business to source suppliers/vendors/contractors â€“ conduct trials; vetting potential candidates; price and contract negotiations; bulk purchasing agreements; revenue agreements; utilities purchasing; developing the scope of work, service and product requirements where needed; and monitoring of expectations and performance.
- Work in conjunction with the Department Leads/Contract owners with Contract Management throughout the organization.Â Along with the appropriate department lead/contract owner, review, analyze, negotiate and renew contracts for the organization.Â Managing the contract renewal process and seeing it through from contract request/renewal to negotiations to execution; and assisting where needed in administering, compliance, and monitoring.
- Stay current in Procurement best practices and understand the impact of changing external environmental factors (competitive, regulatory, technical, etc.)
- Work in conjunction with Department Leads to select, update, and maintain the Approved Supplier/Vendor and Contractor lists for the organization.Â Ensure that the organization is selecting the best suppliers/vendors/contractors that meet the expectations, needs and requirements of our organization.Â Build solid business relationships that leverage our buying power as an organization to get the best pricing.
- Lead and operate in a manner that promotes and is aligned with Greenwinâ€™s Vision, Mission, and Values.
- Work with Department Managers to develop standards to facilitate capital purchases throughout the organization.
Â Procurement Department - People Accountabilities
- Provide coaching to direct reports to achieve expectations and performance objectives and support team member engagement, retention, and skill development.
- Represent Greenwinâ€™s brand in a professional manner consistent with the values of the organization in all external dealings.
- Leadership Team and organization-wide leaders and staff.
- Key Suppliers and Clients.
- A Post-secondary business or commerce degree supplemented by a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree is preferred.
- At least ten years of experience and demonstrated senior-level experience in procurement, systems technology, and project management Leadership experience as a Director, Procurement or Supply Management for a diverse and medium-sized organization is preferred.
- A strong technical capacity and a commitment to diversity as they interact with team members and suppliers at all levels.
- Certified Professional Purchaser (C.P.P.) designation preferred.
- Superior knowledge of purchasing systems and software with the ability to steer and manage the entire spectrum of related implementation and maintenance projects. Experience with strategic planning, delivery and implementation of procurement performance metrics and facilitation in a large organization.
- Superlative written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality deliverables within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Excellent facilitative leadership track record, consensus-building, persuasion and presentation skills.
- Strong technical knowledge of building RFPs, RFIs, RFQs etc., bidding, contracting, negotiating and change management.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- Modern facility.
- Sitting for meetings, computer work â€“ major job function.
- Long periods of visual attention to figures and documents.
- Required to meet deadlines.
Greenwin Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve and providing an accessible environment. Accommodation is available upon request by contacting email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.