Summary:Â The Building Science Technologist will demonstrate sound knowledge and understanding of building systems, including general knowledge that encompasses structure, building enclosures, mechanical and electrical systems, roofing systems, interior elements, site features, etc.
The Building Science Technologist demonstrates their passion and innovative nature for building science, construction, and sustainability. This is achieved by finding new ways and materials to make buildings better through sustainable architecture by balancing physical constraints and considering the impact to energy efficiency, durability, comfort, air quality and safety. They are responsible for the evaluation, assessment, restoration of existing properties and delivering high performance buildings.
What youâ€™ll get to do:
- Conduct Building and Property Condition Assessments per the ASTM standards and best construction practices at various client sites
- Complete capital planning based on Building Condition Assessments
- Review and carry out assessments of existing buildings and structures that includes roof assemblies, exterior cladding assemblies, balcony assemblies, fenestrations, and parking garage structures to determine design and remedial work options
- Manage invasive building assessments and testing (ex. Roof cut tests, water/leak tests, etc.)
- Lead all necessary quantity take-offs and measurements over the course of a project
- Develop designs and specifications for restoration projects
- Perform construction reviews to ensure quality standards and design requirements are achieved
- Prepare written reports of findings, summarizing, collating, and interpreting the results of field data and creating detailed AutoCAD drawings
- Assist in all associated financial aspects and coordination with project team
- Maintain Quality Assurance /Quality Control protocolsÂ
- Sustain health and safety protocols including quality control within the group
- Navigate issues and gain support without adversely affecting project timelines and outcomes
Who you are:
- A minimum of 3 years experience with building construction or maintenance
- Architectural Technician /Technologist / Science diploma, B.A. or B.Sc. in Architecture, B.Sc. in Building Science
- Diplomas or degrees in other fields will be considered, such as Construction Technician/ Technologist or Civil Engineering Technologist. Bachelor of Science or Applied Science. Â Â Â Â
- Knowledge of HVAC systems and building envelope assemblies preferred
- Practical experience with Building Condition AssessmentsÂ following the "ASTM Designation:Â E 2018 â€“ 15 Standard Guide for Property Condition Assessments: Baseline Property Condition Assessment Process"Â will be considered an asset
- Deep experience reading and editing technical specifications, drawings, and reports
- Demonstrated experience writing and presenting technical reports is preferred
- Intermediate proficiency or better using AutoCAD is required
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams)
- The capability to safely transport and carry a 20-foot extension or folding ladder, hand tools and PPE is required
- Ability to travel and holding a valid driver's license, insurance with continuous access to a vehicle is required (work-related travel expenses will be re-imbursed)
- Drive for exceeding client expectations consistently
- Organized with outstanding time management, initiative, attention to detail and able to manage multiple priorities and deadlines independently with ease
- Resilient and proven capacity to drive multiple projects forward with a relentless focus on delivery
- Effective Interpersonal skills and able to build collaborative relationships with a high level of integrity while maintaining a positive image and profile for the organization
- An exceptional communicator capable of synthesizing complex issues into easy-to-understand information for stakeholders
- People First is the cornerstone of our culture! We are committed to ensuring that every employee feels a sense of trust and belonging. One way we demonstrate this is by providing benefits and programs that are designed with your well-being in mind.
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion.Â We recognizeÂ the value in our differences and prioritize inclusivity to bringÂ together the best talent.
- Development andÂ career growth. We invest in employees by providing opportunities for careerÂ advancement and professional developmentÂ that enable your future career goals.
- FlexibleÂ working solutions.Â Work environments are changing rapidly. WeÂ provideÂ a hybrid work environment to support you inÂ career/life balance.â€‹
- AÂ fast-pacedÂ collaborative environment where innovationÂ and passionateÂ professionalsÂ are the foundation of Greenwinâ€™s success and future growth.
How Greenwin supports your career aspirations:
Greenwin is building high-performance teams. Our selection process is thorough, and all candidatesâ€™ qualifications and experience are carefully reviewed. When your experience meets the requirements of the position, a member of our recruitment team will contact you.
Greenwin Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve and providing an accessible environment. Accommodation is available upon request by contacting email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.